Monday 31 August 2015

AIMS Games

We’re Coming To
AIMS Games!


In 6 days, 19 Year 7 & 8 girls from Selwyn House are going to Tauranga to compete in the national AIMS Games tournament. We have two teams entered - our Under 13 A Netball team and our A Waterpolo team, as well as two individual swimmers who double up as waterpolo players.
But what is AIMS Games? AIMS Games is the biggest sporting event for kids aged 11-13 in New Zealand, and is held each year in Tauranga. It has 19 sports you can compete in, and on the first day (Sunday 6th September), there is an amazing opening ceremony. To learn more about AIMS Games go here.


We are incredibly excited to be going and are really looking forward to the tournaments. Here are some photos of us in our team hoodies that we got for the tournament!



If you see this post and you’re also coming to AIMS, comment below and we might see you there!


5 comments:

  1. Hi 8PR,

    I'm so excited for Aims Games. I love the timer you have at the bottom. Are you excited for getting to the airport at 6? I'm not.

    Enya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey 8PR!

    Even though I'm not going to AIMS Games, it sounds like its going be heaps of fun, and the hoodies look great! (I'm quite jealous of them haha) Great job Kathleen, they look amazing!

    - Ella H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to AIMS!
    I love the count down clock-a very helpful reminder to pack my bags!
    A wonderful post with lots of Information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so looking forward to AIMS!
    I love the count down clock-a very helpful reminder to pack my bags!
    A wonderful post with lots of Information!
    Tessa 8CF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Chloe and Kathleen,

    I loved this blogpost. I am so excited for Aims Games. I loved your video on the Hoodies and. I think the countdown was an awesome idea.

    Amelia, 8CF

    ReplyDelete