Thursday 5 November 2015

Amy's Passion Project



Jumping For the Sky

My Goal & Purpose
My goal was to be able to canter a course of jumps. I chose this goal to help my process with confidence with jumping and because jumping is something I’ve been focusing on for a while and trying to improve with my position and technique while cantering into, over and out of jumps.

My Process

  1. Get confident trotting jumps
  2. Get confident cantering over poles
  3. Canter after a jump
  4. Canter a few strides before the jumps and canter over it
  5. Canter a course of jumps

Skills I’ve Learnt or Improved

I’ve learnt a lot of skills such as patience and perseverance, but some things I’ve learnt can’t be put under everyday skills. For instance, I’ve learnt how to stay on better and that is a huge skill. I’ve also learnt about how to be able to help my pony tell when to take off and to keep her from running out.


No comments:

Post a Comment