Saturday 7 November 2015

Harriet's Passion Project

Pencils to Pixels
My Goal and Purpose


My goal was to independently create three run cycles using the 3D animation program Maya Autodesk and to create an accurate and descriptive documentary on the history of animation. My love for Disney and all things animated inspired my project. Art and computer science are a few of my favourite things- how better to combine them than in the form of Computer Generated animation?


My Process
  • Arrange a meeting with an animator
  • Download an easy to use 3D animation program
  • Create 3+ run cycles
  • Visit the Auckland Animation College
  • Create a documentary about the history of animation

orrfh.gif


My Skills
Over this time, I have gained skills in Time Management from having to organise meetings and make sure that everything was complete by a certain deadline. In learning to use Maya Autodesk, I have gained skills in both design, and animation. I’ve learnt how to use keyframes, Move, Scale, Rotate and how to use the Graph Editor. I’m really looking forward to continuing my project, even after I’ve finished!




Have a look at my documentary below!



By Hattie C-M

1 comment:

  1. Well done Hattie! It looks like you have achieved your goal and have done very well with your project!

    ~Ella S

    ReplyDelete