Wednesday 28 October 2015

Matilda's Passion Project

Chef for a Day

My goal was to create a healthy boarding menu and bring it alive for a day.

My process
* To improve on my cooking skills
* What is a healthy meal?
* Research
* Practice
* Budgeting
* Taste test
* Get my ingredients
* Have mentor meetings
* More research




The outcome of my project was great, I am over the moon of how well it turned out.  The girls gave me really positive feedback on my dinner and really really loved my Berry Ice Lollies. Also, Liz said that the menu I had planned was good - well balanced and nutritious for kids. I didn't get to make all of my meals for the day, because I got super busy in the third term and looking back, I think that that initial goal may have been a bit big for me. I didn't expect to have to spend so much time researching my meals  and working out a budget for all the meals. I have a learnt that working out a menu for a day that has meals  that are healthy, yummy and affordable is hard and takes a lot of research. I worked really hard to stay focussed on the  purpose and I did and my project was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment