Friday 30 October 2015

Ella C's Passion Project

Screen Printing

My Goal
Was to learn how to screen print and to be able to screen print at home.


My Purpose 
I chose the topic of screen printing so I could combine 2 of my passions - art and clothing design. Screen printing allows me to do this because I can create my own designs and put them onto fabric to create art or clothing. I also wanted to learn something new and screen printing was something I didn’t know anything about.


My Process
Term 1
  • researched about screen printing courses/workshops
  • Book a screen printing course
  • Look at designs, collect a variety  
Term 2
  • Go to course/learn how to screen print
  • Organise meet mentor meeting
  • Extend my Passion Project goal
Term 3
  • Research about resources needed to screen print
  • Gather screen printing resources
  • Screen print at home
Term 4
  • Essay
  • Board
  • Present  

My Reflection
Passion Project gave me the opportunity to learn a new and creative skill – screen printing.
I am really proud of all the things I have been able to achieve:
  • I have learnt how to screen print
  • Put my own designs onto screens
  • Created many screen prints
  • Collected all the resources needed to screen print
  • Screen printed at home
  • Got some of classmates interested in screen printing, wanting their own screen prints and even screen printing themselves.

Please comment any ideas, feedback or questions your have for me.

By Ella C


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the shirt you screen printed for me and my girls. We all love them! You did such an amazing job on your Passion Project.

    ReplyDelete