Thursday 3 August 2017

Hannah's Passion Project

Miraculous Makeover

Hi I'm Hannah, and this is an update on my Passion Project so far.

My Goal:
I would like to learn enough about tools, building and design to create furniture and storage for my bedroom.


Purpose:
I want to create custom designed furniture for my bedroom to add storage space to my room. I particularly wanted to replace my bedside table and what better way than to make one myself! By designing the items myself, they will all be idealised for the space and look much nicer.


So far I have made:


A Hexagonal Shelf

and



A bedside table

My process:


Term 1:
  • Attend first mentor meeting with prepared research.
  • Decide what items I will make.  
  • Get design inspiration for items.  
  • Complete research summary.  


Term 2:
  • Design first item.
  • Learn about tools required to make the item.
  • Build first item with help from my dad.  
  • Meet with mentor to discuss where I’m at with my project.                              
  • Decide on my next item.

Term 3:
  • Design chosen 2nd item.
  • Work out materials needed for 2nd item.  
  • Start building 2nd item.  
  • Begin designing 3rd item.
  • Complete 2nd item.
  • Complete 3rd item designs.
  • Build 3rd item.



My New Learning:
I have learnt a lot about woodwork so far and I’m sure I will learn even more as I continue with my project. So far, my favourite thing that I have learnt is how to use a drop saw. They are a really useful tool and I never thought I would need to use one but this is one of the most useful tools that I use. The most important information for my project has been how to keep safe as this is necessary no matter what I’m doing!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah!

    This is such a cool project because you actually end up with a result and something to show! I love your imovie as it looked like it was well planned and laid out. It looks like you have learnt a lot about building which is really cool because in life we don't get too many opportunities to do that! Your shelf looks awesome and I love that you made it in to a hexagon.

    Well done!
    - Lottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hannah, I love the movie and the products you have made.

    ReplyDelete